The first words "Whats the latest in eye couture?" tells me that this ad is trying to say that they feel that their product is very high end and glamorous. Literally, the advertisement is telling us about their new Intense shadowblast that is infused with built in primer that is there to last for hours. Figuratively, the advertisement is telling us that if you buy their new product, you will be like Drew Barrymore. It also is saying that you will be very trendy with the latest makeup. If you notice in the end of the ad, they also manage to slip in another one of their products, the Lash blast fusion mascara to "make an even bigger statement". The speaker is Drew Barrymore, and it is her perspective in the ad.
Even though I love makeup, I don't feel that this advertisement was successful at persuading me to buy this product. One, because I don't wear eyeshadow that often, and two because i feel that Drew isn't a very popular celebrity these days. I liked the ad, though, because I love makeup and this ad was very flashy and nice.
I loved your analysis.
ReplyDeleteMs. A.