Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blog #4

*Search on the web for two advertisements that speak to your personal tastes or interests.

              This first ad that I chose was a commercial for Beats headphones by Dre. This advertisement is using repetition of celebrities to show that if you use Beats headphones, "anything could happen". The song is a younger generation song sung by a younger generation artist, so young people would relate to this commercial.  Each clip of each celebrity shows them being themselves, (i.e Loud, hyper, calm, energized, focused). The video looked very simple, It looks like they just had a white background, celebrities, and Beats headphones. All of these things tell me that they want to show us that if you buy Beats headphones you will be yourself and "anything could happen". 
               The first sentence "What will you be?" affects the meaning of the advertisement because it is saying "What will you be? Will you be like Ellie Goulding? Lil' Wayne? MGK? Well if you buy Beats headphones, you'll get closer to being like them!" The speaker is Ellie Goulding, and she is singing a song. She sings " I know it's gonna be, I know it's gonna be alright......anything could happen, anything could happen, anything could happen." In this commercial we have the celebrities' perspectives, and if you look hard enough, you can catch a clip of a younger boy smiling with Beats headphones around his neck. We don't get non-celebrity adults perspectives in this ad. 
             Well by watching this ad I am definitely wanting to go out and buy these headphones. They made me feel good. They made me feel like with these headphones, I would have a great time listening to music. I don't use headphones when I listen to music, because I just listen on my computer, but if I was in need of headphones, I would look into these first. I suppose this ad persuaded me, seeing that it's making me want these, but obviously not enough for me to go out and buy them!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment