Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blog #1 Ilianna Gerst

Imagine that television, movies, the internet, etc. were never invented. How would you be spending your free time without these things? How would you have grown up without these things?

 Without television, movies, the internet, etc. I wouldn't be typing this blog. When I was a kid, I spent my time exploring the unknown (to me) of my backyard. I used to sit at my arts and crafts table painting, drawing, creating, but mainly, making a mess. I didn't grow up on much technology as you can see. The most technology I had was the television and the phone, but even then I wasn't really interested in them. Once everyone started becoming more entwined with technological gadgets (cell phones, video games, etc.) It seemed that my love for exploring and creating faded from me. I now see myself spending an hour or two a day just on Facebook, Pandora, or twitter, and I'm always glued to my phone. Without these things, I would be spending more face-to-face time with my friends, I'd start drawing  more, and I'd like to take up knitting or sewing.Without technology, I would be finding my own entertainment just like I was when I was a kid. I could be able to live without technology, but I feel that we're all in so deep, it would be impossible to rewind.

1 comment:

  1. Ilianna, I love what you said about your love of exploring and creating fading away once technology became more prominent in our society. I feel that has happened with me, too. Exploring my backyard and neighborhood was my favorite thing to do as a child, but now I have lost that due to the constant need to be connected to others digitally. - Ms. Pederson

    ReplyDelete