What kinds of advertisements do you see on a daily basis? Where and in what form do you see them? Do you believe these ads are affecting your life at all? Why or why not?
Advertisements are EVERYWHERE. They impact us to buy frivolous things, things that we think we need, and rarely, important things. I've grown up watching ads after ads on the cartoon channel about the latest barbie, the coolest stickers, or the best candy, and it made me want all of it. I was mesmerized by all of the cool things that I thought I needed. To this day, I still get mesmerized by ads, except they're a little bit more mature. Whenever I sit down to watch TV, I probably see about 40-70 ads, and that's just in ONE show! Whenever I go on the computer, I am drowning in ads, whether it's just on the side with small print, or popping up constantly. I see ads everywhere from Sarah McLachlan in ASPCA all the way to ads about 411 pain! These ads are so persistent because they want to make sure they stick in your brain, which is why I can sing the 411 pain commercial jingle, the National American University jingle, etc. etc. I believe these ads are affecting my life, because they change me. They change the way I think, dress, speak etc. etc. because like I said, they are very persistent at getting you to buy their product. I hate ads.
I agree 100 percent. I think half the stuff they advertise is pointless and is just a bunch of junk. Yet many people still waste money on those things. It does make us want it though. You see the same commercial over and over and i start to memorize them.
ReplyDeleteI know the 411 pain song too ! But I also agree, you ever see ads that play two times in a row? it's like they want to make sure you were watching the ads the first time so they show it again. Ads don't really phase me anymore but if it's like a pillow pet or something then I could see myself sayin "Omg I want that" But any other time all the other bull doesn't interest me.
ReplyDeleteI agree I hate ads because the only thing they want is us to buy their product . I also think that its affects me because like you said that you see its affects all of us and we think we need new thing in ads but if you realize you really don't need nothing
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. I hate ads, especially the ones that don't relate to me. I know the whole 411 pain and the National American University song just like you. It gets irritating after a while. I wish ads would just stay off the tv's, but then again, how would we know whats out there?
ReplyDelete